We are thrilled you want to become part of the conversation. You should know that all comments are moderated by ACS staff. We expect all comments to be respectful and don’t tolerate inappropriate content. Posted comments and images are not intended as medical advice and do not necessarily represent the views of the American Cancer Society. External, non-ACS links on this site do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the ACS. ACS may not agree with or endorse comments that individuals post on our pages. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible, and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to the Expert Voices blog.
However, a comment will be deleted if it contains:
• Hate speech
• Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
• Defamation to a person or people
• Name calling and/or personal attacks
• Marketing copy that promotes services or products
• Comments that include links to URLs or email addresses
• Comments that infringe on copyrights
• Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
• Other comments that ACS team deems inappropriate
For the benefit of robust discussion, we ask that comments remain “on-topic.” This means that comments must relate to the topic being discussed within the blog post or a previous comment existing within the same comment thread in order to remain on the blog.
All links posted as comments on American Cancer Society Expert Voices posts will be reviewed and may be deleted. Repeated violations of the ACS Expert Voices comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from commenting. If you find an inappropriate comment on this blog, please email email@example.com with a link to the blog post.